After discussing how to translate Adobe Experience Manager content and other types of files, it is now time to discuss a powerful technology. So, embark on an informed journey through the intricacies of Magento/Adobe Commerce translation with this comprehensive guide. Designed for emerging and established e-commerce entities, we delve into essential translation strategies that facilitate global market expansion. Discover how to utilize Magento’s native capabilities and external Translation Management Systems to ensure every customer interaction is translated and culturally relevant.
Your International Partner: Adobe Commerce
Magento or Adobe Commerce is a leading open-source e-commerce platform known for its flexibility, scalability, and robust features. It offers customizable options for businesses of all sizes, along with a vast marketplace of extensions and themes. Key attributes include the ability to manage multiple stores, built-in SEO tools, and a strong community for support. Ideal for businesses aiming for growth, Adobe Commerce provides a powerful foundation for building and managing an effective online store.
Localization is more than mere translation; it’s about resonating with your audience on a personal and cultural level. It’s about ensuring that every product description, every checkout process, and every customer service interaction feels native to each user. This is where many face a stumbling block, but not you.
At Wezen, we understand how important it is to have a solution that will allow your content to go international. This solution will have to meet your well-defined objectives, both in terms of localization and new market entry, as well as maximising your sales. This is why we present you with the Magento solution today.
We have the chance to work with Adobe Commerce teams and develop a real partnership around two important products: their e-commerce platform and our translation management system
Make Magento E-commerce Content International
For an e-commerce platform like yours, it is important to know the rudiments of how to deploy internationally your content. Today we explore the basics of translating Magento content.
So here’s a quick guide to the available solutions:
- Magento’s Built-in Multilingual database: Magento is prepared for translation with its built-in tools. It enables the creation of multiple store views in different languages. It allows you to create content export/imports with CSV files, with which you can export your data, translate it, and import translations.
It can be cost-effective and readily available in Adobe Commerce, adapted for small companies. But its limited capacities for complex or large-scale translation needs coupled with the lack of languages or dialect support can lead to medium or unacceptable translations.
- Inline Translation Tools: The platform allows you to edit fields, so one could say it supports inline translation tools for direct translation within CMS blocks or pages. This feature is particularly useful for your team to manually create translations or perform minor adjustments to existing content. It is accurate for small businesses that need to make changes in seconds. However, this will remain manual: if you are thinking about hundreds of pages to localise, let’s consider other options to start with
- Magento/Adobe Commerce Translation Extensions: For quick translation, the Magento Marketplace offers a variety of third-party extensions. These plugins enhance Magento’s translation capabilities with features like user-friendly interfaces, automatic translation, and support for an extensive range of languages. This solution will now create actual content, within the Adobe Commerce framework. But keep in mind that these plugins will use Machine Translation and project management will be kept to a strict minimum. If your priority is on-off simple translation, that will do; if you are thinking about content quality and user experience, and edit content regularly, you will quickly get to the point where you need something more powerful.
- Integration with Translation Management Systems (TMS): For a more streamlined approach, integrating Magento with a TMS platform can be highly beneficial. These systems offer comprehensive solutions, including automated translation workflows, support for numerous languages, advanced translation memory technologies, and efficient management of large-scale translation projects. This allows to steer and centralize all international content operations in 1 place, to make projects more simple.
In the end, this solution is one of the most adapted for large e-commerce businesses that require optimization regarding quality of translation and reduction of cost and time in their international deployments.
A quick note about “who” can perform translations for you, on top of any AI / Machine Translation you may use. There are usually 3 options:
- Your inhouse linguistic team: Often companies start by using local teammates to perform translations, on top of their other assignments. Or leverage local marketing teams, and even hire translators to create a professional team dedicated to international content creation.
- Professional Translation Services: We recently wrote an article about Language Service Providers (LSPs). Businesses seeking high-quality, professional translations can benefit from engaging such translation agencies. These services ensure accurate and culturally appropriate translations, integrating smoothly with Adobe Commerce’s systems. It is a powerful solution when you need to have a global impact and local relevance. But it would be more expensive than the previous solution as it rests upon the human workforce. Be prepared to take time to coordinate and communicate with the teams working on your content.
- Crowdsourced Translations: Hire your freelancers! Translators often work with LSPs as freelancers themselves. The community is gigantic so if you have the resources to manage freelancers yourself, this option could be the right for you. This will result in a cheaper option, however, your projects will be more complex: project management will not be delegated to an agency, so you have to work with all linguists yourself and find replacements in case of urgencies, vacation, etc.
These solutions make Magento a versatile platform for managing translations, helping your business connect with a global audience effectively. The back office natively manages multilingual structure, but what about content creation??
Make your Magento E-commerce Content Internationally Relevant
Now you know all the various solutions to translate your Magento content. Going for the 4th option is our recommendation, as Wezen is the #1 Translation Management System for Adobe Commerce Translations. Let’s explore why we think using a TMS is the smart move for an e-commerce company like yours.
Wezen is a SaaS for international marketing performance. The platform helps the coordination of all language activities for brands operating internationally. The 1st pain point it relieves is selecting and sending content for translation from your Magento.
How does the Wezen connector work:
Here is a short video showing how easy it is to translate Adobe Commerce content directly with Wezen:
Quick steps to translate your content with Wezen:
- In the Wezen extension on Magento/Adobe Commerce, choose the content you want to send (product, categories, pages and blocks)
- Select one or multiple items, click on action list button and select “Send for translation to Wezen”
- On the Wezen platform, content can now be translated through AI & human processes
- Each piece of translation will be imported back into Magento as soon as it is ready
Let’s take an example of how we work with a brand.
Envision “Mirah”, a new fashion brand, poised to make a mark on the global stage. Their Magento e-commerce platform is robust, but they recognize the need for precise and culturally adapted translations. They need to find the perfect solution to smoothly enter the Italian market. This is where our platform makes its entrance.
- Localized Content for a Global Audience: Mirah’s foray into Italy exemplifies the need for culturally relevant content. With our solution, their Magento/Adobe Commerce platform is not just translated but localized. Because they need to ensure that Italian consumers find a shopping experience that’s both familiar and resonant with Mirah’s brand ethos.
- Integration for Enhanced Efficiency: Integrating our Magento connector transforms Mirah’s operations, enabling efficient content updates across multiple regions. This seamless integration is a time-saver, allowing the brand to focus more on creative and strategic initiatives.
- Consistent Brand Messaging: Maintaining a uniform brand voice is crucial as the company expands. We ensure that every translated piece on Adobe Commerce aligns with the brand’s global identity, whether in Paris or Tokyo, delivering a consistent brand experience. We do so by proposing enhanced tools like Memory, correlation system, brand termbase.
- Rapid Adaptation to Market Trends: In the dynamic fashion industry, speed is crucial. The platform allows Mirah to quickly update and launch new collections across its Adobe Commerce sites, enabling it to stay in step with evolving fashion trends globally. We helped brands reduce international deployment time from 72 to 6 hours by improving translation project management.
- Uncompromised Quality in Translation: Its commitment to quality extends to its online presence. With our meticulous quality assurance processes (QA check, content revision…), we guarantee that every translated word on their Magento site is always on top quality, enhancing customer engagement and letting the brand propose a real customer experience.
- Strategic Insights for Market Expansion: As Mirah expands into Japan, we provide analytics for valuable insights. This data-driven approach, enabled by tools like Volumetry, informs Mirah’s strategy for entering new markets through its Magento/Adobe Commerce platform.
- Economical Expansion Strategies: Expanding into new markets is a significant investment. With our efficient translation project management for Adobe Commerce, Mirah achieves cost-effectiveness, enabling more resources to be allocated to design and innovation. When your content repeats itself 45% of the time, you should be paying for it.
This could be the perfect partnership for your international deployments by working with us on your Magento/Adobe Commerce website. The simple combination of a strong CMS with Adobe Commerce linked to a TMS platform developed to help brands coordinate their multilingual activities may be the solution you are looking for. We simply want to help you optimise your time, cost and quality of your international deployment.